Sunday, March 9, 2014

Meeting Kenneth B. Morris Jr.


Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending the Brooklyn job corps Black history month celebration where I was honored to have had the opportunity to meet Kenneth B. Morris Jr. The great, great, great grandson of Fredrick Douglass AND the great, great grandson of Booker T. Washington.

Kenneth Morris is the founder and president of The Frederick Douglass Family Initiatives, a organization that raises awareness on modern day slavery / human trafficking. Please check out http://www.fdfi.org/ for more information on such an important cause.

Pictured is my Wife and myself along with Dr. Morris who was given one of four Illustrations (Pictured below) of Fredrick Douglass that I drew that was given to the event's keynote speakers.



No comments: